New InterBase XE from Embarcadero: Embed. Deploy. Relax.
Features such as a lightweight footprint and near-zero administration continue to make new InterBase XE
ideal for all embedded applications. InterBase has already been proven in thousands of embedded applications such as retail point-of-sale systems and CRM solutions.
InterBase XE combines a multi-version architecture with simple installation, minimal administration. The new XE edition can now handle eight times more data and offers more security options. InterBase XE, a full-featured, relational database management system (RDBMS) is designed for developers to create resilient business-critical applications for embedding in devices, appliances and small enterprise, desktop and workgroup solutions.
Additional new features now available with InterBase XE include:
- Cloud Deployment
- Cloud deployment of InterBase XE allows developers to rapidly provision systems and expand and contract capacity as business demands
- Improved Productivity
- Improves developer productivity by allowing Dynamic SQL to be called from Stored Procedures and Triggers
- Handles More Data
- InterBase XE's 64-bit architecture can address more memory and handle larger tables for improved scalability
- Enhanced Support
- InterBase XE includes support for JDBC BLOB/CLOB
InterBase XE can be deployed on a wide variety of platforms including Windows, Mac OS X, Linux and now, the Amazon Cloud.
InterBase XE is available in four editions to meet a wide variety of processing requirements:
- InterBase XE Server Edition is suitable for multi-tier applications that can scale up to 64processors.
- InterBase XE Desktop Edition provides a cost-effective, high performance repository for single-user applications.
- InterBase XE To Go Edition provides ultra-light weight, in-process DBMS capabilities perfect for embedded in today's new portable devices.
- FREE InterBase XE Developer Edition is now available to RAD Studio, Delphi, C++Builder, Delphi Prism, and RadPHP users. Available here for free download: https://downloads.embarcadero.com/free/interbase