SAN FRANCISCO – October 8, 2015 – Embarcadero Technologies, a leading provider of software solutions for application and database development, today announced that its recently launched Embarcadero® RAD Studio™ 10 Seattle rapid application development platform now supports iOS 9, Apple’s latest mobile operating system. Using RAD Studio 10 Seattle, developers can build Delphi and C++ iOS applications that will run on iOS 9 32-bit and 64-bit devices, with debugging support for both.
RAD Studio is the award-winning software development platform that enables developers to easily build data-rich, hyper connected, visually engaging applications for Windows 10, and cost effectively extend these solutions to OS X, Mobile, and IoT. The RAD Studio 10 Seattle IDE and PAServer are compatible with the new Xcode 7 release, enabling developers to build iOS apps using the new FireMonkey and platform features included with the 10 Seattle release announced at the end of August. This includes:
- Support for existing iPhone 3.5”, 4.0”, 4.7” (iPhone 6) and 5.5” (iPhone 6 Plus) form factors, as well as iPad form factors
- App development support for the new iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, and iPad Pro devices
- Development of apps for iOS 7, iOS 8, and iOS 9
- The ability to build, deploy, and debug applications on 32-bit and 64-bit iOS 9 devices
- App creation for Ad-Hoc or App Store distribution
- iOS 9 Native UI styles
- Support for the new iOS 9 system font
- iOS 9 platform rendering support for TCalendar, TEdit, TListView, TMemo, TSwitch, TPresentedScrollBox, TPresentedVertScrollBox, TPresentedHorzScrollBox, TPresentedFramedScrollBox and TPresentedFramedVertScrollBox
RAD Studio 10 Seattle, Delphi 10, and C++Builder 10 are available immediately from Embarcadero and its partners. For product information and pricing, visit the Embarcadero online store To download a trial of RAD Studio 10 Seattle, please visithttp://www.embarcadero.com/downloads.
Build, deploy, and debug your existing RAD Studio 10 Seattle iOS projects to iOS 9 devices and the App Storehttp://embt.co/RADiOS9
About Embarcadero Technologies Embarcadero Technologies, Inc. is a leading provider of award-winning tools for application developers and database professionals so they can design systems right, build them faster and run them better, regardless of their platform or programming language. Ninety of the Fortune 100 and an active community of more than three million users worldwide rely on Embarcadero products to increase productivity, reduce costs, simplify change management and compliance, and accelerate innovation. Founded in 1993, Embarcadero is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices located around the world. To learn more, please visit www.embarcadero.com.